Posted on February 7, 2019
The Community Foundation of Collier County, located in Naples, Florida, seeks a Director of Donor Services. We have over $170 million in assets and since 1985 have done over $137 million in grantmaking. We are seeking an individual with 5-7 years of experience in customer service and working with donors. This position is critical to the mission and impact of the Community Foundation. This position will oversee all aspects of working with Donor Advised Fundholders and nonprofit agencies. This person must have strong customer services skills, have worked with donors, understand nonprofits, as well as have strong online technology skills.
The Director of Donor Services is responsible for all aspects of the Foundation’s donor service program. This position will be responsible for developing deep, sustained relationships with donors and their families and ensure the Community Foundation is the donors’ primary philanthropic partner by providing excellent, timely and integrated service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as personal contact and liaison for the assigned portfolio of donors to handle all of their requests, as well as conduct pro-active outreach to them.
- Develop, manage and implement the Foundation’s donor services program coordinating with Development, Grantmaking, Finance, Communications and other members of the staff.
- Assist in devising and implementing strategies to increase the engagement of donors and to assure complete donor satisfaction.
- Plan and coordinate events and educational programs and opportunities that expose donors to information about community needs and other topics related to charitable giving.
- Conduct orientation for new fund holders.
- Provide ongoing support necessary to create and distribute donor communications and marketing materials.
- Research areas of interest for donor advised grantmaking, tracking donor advised grantmaking and producing reports as necessary.
- Oversee content of donor engagement section of the website.
- Compose information for Donor Central or send with donor statements.
- Serve as liaison to other departments as related to assigned donors.
- Assist with special projects as requested by the President/CEO
- Handle clerical needs and database management related to the above activities.
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Planned Giving knowledge
- Experience in the nonprofit or financial services with special emphasis on account management and customer relations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, detail and results oriented
- Computer proficiency
How to Apply
Please send a resume to Eileen Connolly-Keesler at email@example.com or to her attention at CFCC 1110 Pine Ridge Rd Suite 200, Naples FL 34108 by March 1, 2019.
No phone calls, please.