Posted on April 15, 2019
The Community Foundation of Collier County, located in Naples, Florida, seeks a Scholarship Assistant. The Community Foundation was established in 1985. We have over $186 million in assets and have distributed over $137 million in grantmaking and scholarships since inception. This position will report to the Education/Scholarship Director.
Summary of Responsibilities
This full-time position provides high-quality customer service and administrative support. He/she will input and process the coordination of information entered in the Scholarship Website, create scholarship application packets, work with students, process scholarship information, assist in identifying scholarship providers in our community, execute general correspondence through Constant Contact or other modes of communication, and perform daily office functions.
- Work within various database software and maintain the integrity of those databases.
- Monitor input, performance, and parameters of scholarship Donors and organizations.
- Insert data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare data for computer entry in prescribed database software systems, files, and forms.
- Obtain further information for incomplete data on student applications.
- Generate reports and dashboards of activity.
- Generate scholarship application packets for the scholarship committee.
- Create scholarship updates for Donors.
- Facilitate and schedule scholarship committee meetings.
- Attend financial-aid nights and student events
- Work with students and parents on how to apply for scholarships.
- Assist in updating PowerPoints as needed.
- Work with marketing staff to write scholarship stories.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field.
- Must have strong computer skills, including database entry, Microsoft Suite, and webpage design.
- Ability to convey a friendly, positive attitude to all internal and external customers or partners.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work. Strong detail-oriented, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to project a professional image, maintain the confidentiality of information, and display strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to sit at a computer desk for extended periods.
- Must be comfortable public speaking and working with students and committees from all walks of life.
Work is primarily performed in Collier County, Florida. Meetings are held county and statewide.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. “Principal duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered essential to the performance of the job. This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the President. All requirements are subject to change over time at the discretion of the President and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to Eileen Connolly-Keesler at email@example.com or to her attention at CFCC 1110 Pine Ridge Rd Suite 200, Naples FL 34108 by May 24, 2019.
No phone calls, please.