COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF COLLIER COUNTY
Changing Needs Fund
The Community Foundation provides grant dollars to nonprofits for programs that have measurable results in addressing changing community needs and grants dollars to support nonprofit capacity building to ensure that nonprofits have the tools needed to operate using best practices.
We also work with Community Grantmakers who have established a Field-of-Interest Fund at the Community Foundation to support their grant program. Deadlines will be announced throughout the 2019 fiscal year.
Before you Apply – COMPLETE A PROFILE IN THE NONPROFIT DIRECTORY
All applicants must complete a Profile in the NONPROFIT DIRECTORY, a key resource for donors and committee members when reviewing your organization’s application. Please contact Mary George at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need log-in credentials to create a new Profile or click on “forgot password” if you need a new password. Your NONPROFIT PROFILE is used as the cover page for your application. The information gives grant committee members a better understanding of the scope of your organization, its mission, programs, and long-term goals. Tip – use brief statements or bullet points to describe your programs and long-term goals whenever possible.
Is my nonprofit agency eligible to apply for a grant?
The Community Foundation of Collier County’s strategic plan ties its grantmaking to relevant community information from the most recent Community Needs Assessment funded by the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation.
Types of Funding Available
Consultant Grants – Grants for small nonprofits (Prior Year Revenues of $1 million or less) needing help to build the capacity of their organization (ie.., first-time strategic plan, operation planning, succession plan or financial planning). To find a C3 Consultant, follow the link to our page on the website. – Up to $2,000.
Application Cycle is Closed for September 17, 2018 Grant applications.
Application deadlines are
September 17 and February 11. Decisions will be made within 30 days.
Program Grants – The Community Foundation provides grant dollars to nonprofits for programs that have measurable results in addressing changing community needs. – Range is $20,000 – $30,000.
2018 Program Grant Application Cycle has Closed as of October 1st.
Program Grants will be announced February 1st, 2019.
Look for information on the 2019 Program Grants in Spring/Summer 2019.
AREAS OF FUNDING in 2018-19 grant programs
Employment & Education
- Access to affordable childcare and preschool programs
- Eliminating barriers preventing post-secondary options, particularly vocational education
- Job training & education
Social Services & Housing
- Housing for low-income elderly, people with disabilities and low-income residents
- Prevention of homelessness
- Affordable assisted living options for low-income elderly
Environment & the Arts
- Access to affordable arts and cultural programming
- Education and awareness about water quality, sea-level rise, conservation and the threats to the environment
Healthcare and Mental Health
- Access to affordable healthcare and mental health services
- Access to affordable addiction treatment programs
- Affordable assisted living options for people with mental health issues